Advice for students

General guidance | Advice on studies and scholarships | Psychological Counseling


General guidance and advice

The Austrian National Union of Students (ÖH)

is THE institution for students in Austria. The ÖH offers a wide range of guidance and councelling services on a variety of topics, from choosing what to study and finding a place to live to legal advice and social affairs

For contact details of the International Students Office see Useful Contacts below.


The Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research (OeAD)

offers individual guidance and information about regulations for entry to and residence in Austria for international students.

For contact details see Useful Contacts below.


The Austrian Youth Information Centres

of course also have lots of information and tips for students: Ask for info on university and student life, searching a room/flat, discounts, events, free-time activities and much more! Click here and check the map for the nearest Youth Information Centre.


Advice on studies and scholarships

International offices

For information on studies abroad, scholarships, requirements etc. the international office of your home university is the right place to ask. You can also contact the international office of the university of your choice in Austria.

Click here for a list of international offices of Austrian universities, universities of applied sciences and teacher colleges:


Psychological Counseling Services

Specialised psychological counseling services for students are available in Vienna, Linz, Salzburg, Graz, Innsbruck and Klagenfurt. The so-called "Psychologische Studentenberatung" helps with the choice and start of academic studies and offers coaching and advice regarding academic and personal concerns. Free of charge and anonymous.


Updated: 16.10.2012