Government policy as regards to higher education aims to fulfil the local needs for higher education and to establish Cyprus as a regional educational and research centre, a hub for international scholars and students alike. The higher education system in Cyprus is shaped by the European Higher Education Area as outlined by the Bologna Process. Higher Education in Cyprus consists of the public and private institutions of Higher Education at University and non-University level.
Note: The Turkish Cypriot education system in the occupied by the Turkish troops area, of the Republic of Cyprus is not recognized by the Republic of Cyprus.
- University of Cyprus
- The Cyprus University of Technology
- The Open University of Cyprus Private Institutions
European University of Cyprus
- Frederick University of Cyprus
- University of Nicosia
- European University Cyprus
- Cyprus International Institute of Management (CIIM)
Private Institutions (Colleges)