IND – Immigration and Naturalisation Service

A residence permit [dutch: verblijfsvergunning] is usually extended for 1 year each time. A residence permit for the purpose of, among others, work as an au pair, work experience, practical experience or a family visit cannot be extended.

Call Immigration and Naturalisation Service: 0900 1234561
(€0.10 per minute plus any additional costs charged by your operator if you are calling from a mobile phone), to find out what residence permit applies to you!

Call IND from outside the Netherlands: +31 20 889 3045


Whether you need a Schengen visa depends on your nationality.


Updated: 12.10.2012