Youth on the Move – InfoMobility (YoMIM) is a specialised youth information service for young people on the move. It addresses the concerns of prospective and already mobile young people prior, during and after their mobility experience. It provides information on opportunities and practical aspects linked to young people’s stay abroad. The YoMIM service therefore encourages and promotes mobility as it provides information, guidance and counselling before and during young people’s permanence in a foreign country making it an informed and conscious experience.
YoMIM relies on the following main pillars:
- The establishment of the YoMIM Network, consisting of Youth Information Centres with a trained YoMIM Guide;
- A training for the YoMIM Guides;
- The YoMIM smartphone application;
- An e-book template for the training manual; and
- The self-assessment quality guidelines titled Quality Management in Youth Information and Counselling – A Competency Development Framework.
- LOGO Jugendmanagement, Austria
- Zajednica ICM, Croatia ENTK, Estonia
- Koordinaatti, Finland
- Foundation for Youth, Lithuania
- ERYICA, Luxembourg
- Agenzija Zghazagh, Malta
- Ponto JA Lisbon, Portugal
- Ponto JA Braga, Portugal
- European Youth Card Association, Slovakia
- MISSS, Slovenia
- CIPAJ, Spain
- Solna UngInfo, Sweden
- JONG Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- GSM-Youth, Turkey
The pilot project, running from 1 February 2013 to 30 May 2014, received support from the Youth in Action Programme of the European Commission. Further information on the project can be found here.